From: "Stephane Richard" <stephane.richard@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: How to calculate optimum task size?
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:01:14 GMT
Date: 2004-01-04T23:01:14+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Optimal task size.  if you're looking
for the best size as far as speed is concerned, in my past I've found that
giving tasks a size of 2^X somehow works faster.  hence 1024 instead 1000
bytes for example.

If you're wondering if the task size influences what the task can handle as
far as capacity goes I'll let the gurus here answer that part of it :-).

--
St�phane Richard
"Ada World" Webmaster