From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Direct Quote from the RM
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:03:06 GMT
Date: 2007-11-21T08:03:06+00:00	[thread overview]

If you read below the quote you would have read that I included all
paragraphs under the heading "Implementation Requirements",
"Implementation Permissions", "Implementation Advice" and "NOTES".

With that said, Section 1.1.5 paragraph 11, under the
"Implementation Permissions" heading states that the usages of
"compile line switch" converts the 'Standard Ada Compiler' to a
'Non-Standard Compiler' mode of operation that can reject
compilation_units that do not comply with the "Non-Standard" mode
or to halt compiling due to too many "errors/warnings".

Note: 'mode of operation' has to do with "compilation environments".

So, adding "-fstack-check" converts the standard GNAT compiler to
an "Non-standard compiler".

Also, the "-fstack-check" switch does not reject compilation_units
or halt process because of to many errors/warnings.  It only halts
the process if the Storage_Error exception is not trapped and a
Storage_Error is raised, which could be apart of the algorithm.
So, it does not meet the definition of a "command line switch" in
Section 1.1.5 (11).

Also requesting that this switch becomes apart of the default
suggest that one wants all future GNAT Ada compiler to be
"Non-Standard" only Ada compile.

And does a 'Non-Standard' compiler imply "HIGH INTEGRITY and
HIGH RELIABLE" software, based on the RM? The answer is 'NO!'