From: "MICHEL LOUVET" <mlouvet@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
Date: 1999/11/13
Date: 1999-11-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>Presently, I'm searching for a software engineer job in a company
>developping with ADA in Montreal (Quebec, Canada).
>
>I'm very grateful to anyone for sending me an ADA using company list in
>Montreal.

In Quebec, actually, no company is developing Ada software, although
Oerlikon Aerospace at Saint-Jean sur Richelieu has already used Ada for
their laser's guided missile launcher vehicle.  But, by chance, no one
through the world is really using this vehicle, so no more development or
maintenance might be expected.

SNC-IT also were developing a few small programs with Ada, for Canadian
defense, but I think they are now using C++ since Ada in no further more a
military requirement.
CAE Electronique which should be the only one to have interest to use Ada,
have upgraded their FORTRAN flight simulator software language with the
simple C

But who cares, a flight simulator shall never crash...

Nevertheless, Montreal has good opportunities for multimedia software
developments, and to complete it, an international electronic commerce
center is going to be created in the same area. isn't it?

The main actual Canadian Ada software development projects are:
 - the international space station (MDA, Richmond, BC)
 - Canadian Air Traffic Control System (Raytheon, Richmond, BC)

All the others are from the USA, UK, France, etc....

Good luck

Michel Louvet, P Eng