* Re: Newbie question: Testing a generic package
       [not found] <1123432298.685525.281490@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
@ 2005-08-07 17:20 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-08-07 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

"strictly_mk@hotmail.com" <strictly_mk@hotmail.com> writes:
> Some of you have guided me to finish this code I was working on which
> finaly compiles. What I want to know is, how do I test it? Since it is
> a generic package, how do I get the procedures to work so I can test
> them?
> I'm not to concerned if they actually work or not, i just need to show
> that it has been tested. Any suggestions?

You need to create an instance of the generic package, and then call
the subprograms from the instance.

> --specification
> generic
> 	type ID is (<>);
> package PoP is
[...]
> end PoP;

with Pop;
procedure Test_Driver is
   type Person_ID is range 1 .. 1_000_000;
   package Instance_Of_Pop is new Pop (ID => Person_ID);
begin
   Instance_Of_Pop.Reset;
end Test_Driver;

--
Ludovic Brenta.

@ 2005-08-07 21:27 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2005-08-07 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I'm not to concerned if they actually work or not, i just need to show
>that it has been tested.
   Interesting concept.  I trust you swear never to work on anything
anybody might depend on?

* Re: Newbie question: Testing a generic package
@ 2005-08-08  5:32   ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2005-08-08  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

tmoran@acm.org writes:
>>I'm not to concerned if they actually work or not, i just need to show
>>that it has been tested.
>    Interesting concept.  I trust you swear never to work on anything
> anybody might depend on?

Interesting wording :)

To the OP: I trust you understand I cannot trust you? :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.