* Q: GPS and Preprocessor
@ 2004-02-21 17:06 Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2004-02-21 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

i have the non professinal version of GPS installed and i like to include
gnatprep into a GPS project. Is there any way of doing it?

Regards
     M.Erdmann

* Re: Q: GPS and Preprocessor
@ 2004-02-21 21:39 ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2004-02-21 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Erdmann, comp.lang.ada

If you got the profesional version of GPS then i asume that you got the
the latest GNAT as well.
so why dont use the embedded onth fly preprocessor se the
   -gnateDsymb=value	needs a ferly new gnat in order to work 100%
   -gnatep=file
options.
I used gnatprep in one small project of mine and changed to use the
inline prepocessor since i found that much more convenint.
some project file sample from the top of my head:

project sample is
   package builder is
     for Default_Switches use ("-s");
   end builde;
   package compiler is
      for switches("source_that_needs_preprocessing.adb") use
       compiler'Default_Switches("Ada") &
       ("-gnatep=preprocessordat.data");
   end compiler;
end sample;

/hope it helps
/Per
Michael Erdmann wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> i have the non professinal version of GPS installed and i like to include
> gnatprep into a GPS project. Is there any way of doing it?
>
> Regards
>      M.Erdmann

* Re: Q: GPS and Preprocessor
@ 2004-02-22  8:52   ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2004-02-22  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, i got only the educational version of GPS and gnat 3.15p which seems
not to support this switch. Any idea what i can do else?

Michael

"Per Sandberg" <per.sandberg@bredband.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> If you got the profesional version of GPS then i asume that you got the
> the latest GNAT as well.
> so why dont use the embedded onth fly preprocessor se the
>    -gnateDsymb=value needs a ferly new gnat in order to work 100%
>    -gnatep=file
> options.
> I used gnatprep in one small project of mine and changed to use the
> inline prepocessor since i found that much more convenint.
> some project file sample from the top of my head:
>
> project sample is
>    package builder is
>      for Default_Switches use ("-s");
>    end builde;
>    package compiler is
>       for switches("source_that_needs_preprocessing.adb") use
>        compiler'Default_Switches("Ada") &
>        ("-gnatep=preprocessordat.data");
>    end compiler;
> end sample;
>
> /hope it helps
> /Per
> Michael Erdmann wrote:
>
> > Hallo,
> >
> > i have the non professinal version of GPS installed and i like to
include
> > gnatprep into a GPS project. Is there any way of doing it?
> >
> > Regards
> >      M.Erdmann

* Re: Q: GPS and Preprocessor
@ 2004-02-22 12:11     ` Jeff C,
From: Jeff C, @ 2004-02-22 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not that from a functionality point of view there really is not any
difference between the
academic version and the professional version. What you are probably being
hit by is
GNAT 3.15. What platform are you on?

If it is not windows, it is pretty easy to build a GCC. GCC 3.4 (not out yet
but soon) is looking
like it will be the closest thing to a good release from the FSF tree since
the original merge.

If it is windows, building GNAT can sometimes be more complicated so I'd
recommend waiting
for mingw to do a 3.4 release...though this could  be a lot longer.