From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 2005 language update(s) & programmer productivity
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:47:50 -0600
Date: 2006-11-06T20:47:50-06:00	[thread overview]

"Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
news:1419884.qDfV2Z7bhN@linux1.krischik.com...
> ME wrote:
>
> > What Ada 2005 language update(s) will turn out to have the biggest
impact
> > on programmer productivity?
>
> Depends on the field in which the programmer works.

I agree with this; real-time programmers have very different requirements
than those on desktops or even soft-real time servers.

I would probably say "limited with" (because it allows a natural structuring
of interrelated packages that wasn't possible in Ada 95) and the containers
library (because it makes something powerful available to everyone in a
standard way).

But it's probably a little early to say (for instance, I haven't used any
new Ada features in programs yet). The biggest value may be in something
that appears less critical now.

                      Randy.