From: "Frank J. Lhota" <NOSPAM.lhota.adarose@verizon.net>
Subject: Ada interface to Winsock 2
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:41:28 GMT
Date: 2003-02-18T16:41:28+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm doing some Winsock work using ObjectAda. I would like to use some of the
functionality added with Winsock 2.0. The Win32Ada interface, however, is
based on the Winsock 1.1 API. I can write the a package with the Import
pragmas for the additional Winsock 2 functionality, but in order to avoid
"reinventing the wheel", I figure I should check my favorite NG to see if
someone has done this already. Is there an Ada interface to Winsock 2?

P.S.,

YES I am aware that socket work is much easier under Unix than it is under
MS Win, but unfortunately we cannot convince the client to change operating
systems at this point.