From: "chris.danx" <chris.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] highlighter for ConTEXT
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:45:05 -0000
Date: 2001-11-05T16:45:05+00:00	[thread overview]

> > Hi,
> >
> > The ConTEXT lacked a highlighter for Ada 95, (you couldn't get one at
the
> > site) so I've created one (it's not rocket science).  Before it is
submitted
> > I'd like to know if anyone who uses (or might use) ConTEXT has any
> > suggestions.  I've checked as much as possible that all the reserved
words
> > are in there but maybe there are some I forgot to include.  If there is
let
> > me know.
>
> I assume (after some searching) that it is this program you are talking
about?

> http://www.fixedsys.com/context/

Yes, sorry about that.

> > It is attached and also follows this post.  I thought about highlighting
> > standard types, but that maybe more trouble than it's worth.  Any
thoughts?

> I use Vim 6.0 and there you can turn on highlighting of the standard
> types, but I don't use it and it is not on by default. You must decide
> yourself if you want to add it. More info here:
http://www.dwheeler.com/vim/

I tried syntax highlighting of standard types today, but it wasn't very
nice.  Too many colours.

> But please upload the highlighting to the ConTEXT site so that you get
> Ada on the list of supported languages.

I'll send it and see what happens.

> Especially as there is about to
> come a version 1.0 of the editor.

Soon 0.97.0 is being released (days).  I don't know the author's planned
release date for 1.00, but hopefully it'll be soon.

> Also ConTEXT look like a nice editor
> for Windows environment where I can now (after having to program in
> windows) can understand why people ask for IDEs.

It is nice, and you can attach commands to keys which is also nice (for
compilation).  Admittedly I haven't done this yet (I'm not used to using
GNAT from command line), but it looks easy enough.

> It would be nice to make a small page where one can collect useful
> programs for developing Ada on different platforms. I mean so that
> people can choose which they are most confortable with.

On Adapower?  Everything else is there, why not this?

> Prehaps templates would also be nice? That is sth I would like to add to
> Vim when I can find some time to figure out how to do it :-).

In most editors I found the templates to be clumsy, but ConTEXT is ok.
Anyway, I've got templates for procedures, functions, packages (both spec
and body), and I'm going to write one for tasks, and protected objects.

Chris