From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Tasks sharing a protected object
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:49:28 GMT
Date: 2001-10-26T14:49:28+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <n6i669233gp.fsf@mink.it.uu.se>, Martin Magnusson says...

>I want to have two tasks sharing a protected object with data used by
>both tasks. How do I make them see the same object? I have three
>files defining the different types, skeletons for them are shown
>below. How can I set the object to use when declaring the task types?

Pretty simple. Either:

o  Put it in a package spec that both can "with", or
o  Make them task *types* with the protected type as a discriminint, then pass
the proper object in when they are created, or
o  Make an "initialize" rendezvous for both tasks, and pass the protected object
in as a parameter.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.