From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: New reserved words?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:15:15 -0500
Date: 2004-06-23T14:15:15-05:00	[thread overview]

"Dale Stanbrough" <MrNoSpam@bigpoop.net.au> wrote in message
news:MrNoSpam-87B025.22553122062004@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Is there any agreement on likely new reserved words for
> Ada0Y?

At this point (after the Palma de Mallorca meeting), there is likely to be
three added keywords:

    interface (AI-251)
    overriding (AI-218-3)
    synchronized (AI-345)

Whether these will be new reserved words, or whether we'll define
"unreserved keywords" is still undecided.

[Note that the last one was added very recently; it is a modifier for
interfaces, and it declares that an interfaces can only be implemented by a
task or protected type. There are also 'task' and 'protected' interfaces,
with the obvious semantics. We also approved making 'limited' interfaces
universal, in that they can be implemented by tagged, limited tagged, task,
and protected types -- pretty much everything that makes sense.]

                          Randy.