* Re: Applications written in Ada
@ 2003-10-29 19:00 Bill Sheehan
From: Bill Sheehan @ 2003-10-29 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Smart cards?

Did you hear of a Multiapplication smart card from Quest-Products Research
Corporation
(OTCBB:QPRC) www.quest-products.com? It's called BIG1CARD.

Wonder is those Mondex folks would be interested too?

Any way, I wasn't pumping, just providing some info.

Interesting concept if it catches on.
From: Lars @ 2003-10-29  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am aware of the (alleged) fact that Ada is mainly used for the development
of safety-critical applications by governmental institutions. I found a list
of military/space/aviation projects realised in Ada, and it was not
unimpressive.

However:

a) Is there a list of applications written in Ada that are not intended for
defense/space/aviation?
b) Which Ada applications (especially for Win32) are there for which the
source code is available?

Thanks,

-Lars