From: chris <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Yet another XML and Ada issue
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:44:04 +0100
Date: 2004-04-26T16:44:04+01:00	[thread overview]

Georg Bauhaus wrote:
> Marius Amado Alves <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> wrote:
> : "RELAX NG seems a valuable alternative to XQuery et al." (Marius)
> :
> : "No!
> :
> : RELAX NG is an alternative schema model, whose use should be actively
> : discouraged.
>
> Why?

I don't know.  This argument is just silly.  Relax NG is more powerful
than XSchema 1 and a lot less awkward.  I'm unsure if it is still so
with XSchema 2 but I have little faith in the W3C anymore.  It has taken
  a long time for them to modularise HTML and quite a few of the
'standards' I've worked with are overly complicated and insufficient for
what they say they are for.