From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Problems with GLUT on NT and "deeper accessibility"
Date: 1998/10/30
Date: 1998-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Rolf Wester wrote in message <3639682C.AA824493@ilt.fhg.de>...

<snip>

>P.S.: Could anybody explain me the difference between
>       type ac_GLfloat is access constant GLfloat;
>and
>       type ac_GLfloat is access all GLfloat;

Perhaps a small excerpt from the Ada95 Langage Reference Manual section 3.10
(Access Types) will suffice:
(Note especially 3.10 (10)

8 Access-to-object types are further subdivided into pool-specific access
types, whose values can designate only the elements
of their associated storage pool, and general access types, whose values can
designate the elements of any storage pool, as
well as aliased objects created by declarations rather than allocators, and
aliased subcomponents of other objects.

9 A view of an object is defined to be aliased if it is defined by an
object_declaration or component_definition with the
reserved word aliased, or by a renaming of an aliased view. In addition, the
dereference of an access-to-object value denotes
an aliased view, as does a view conversion (see 4.6) of an aliased view.
Finally, the current instance of a limited type, and
a formal parameter or generic formal object of a tagged type are defined to
be aliased. Aliased views are the ones that can
be designated by an access value. If the view defined by an
object_declaration is aliased, and the type of the object has
discriminants, then the object is constrained; if its nominal subtype is
unconstrained, then the object is constrained by its
initial value. Similarly, if the object created by an allocator has
discriminants, the object is constrained, either by the
designated subtype, or by its initial value.

10 An access_to_object_definition defines an access-to-object type and its
first subtype; the subtype_indication defines the
designated subtype of the access type. If a general_access_modifier appears,
then the access type is a general access type.
If the modifier is the reserved word constant, then the type is an
access-to-constant type; a designated object cannot be
updated through a value of such a type. If the modifier is the reserved word
all, then the type is an access-to-variable
type; a designated object can be both read and updated through a value of
such a type. If no general_access_modifier appears
in the access_to_object_definition, the access type is a pool-specific
access-to-variable type.