From: "Jeff C," <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: import Excel file
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 01:11:20 GMT
Date: 2004-06-15T01:11:20+00:00	[thread overview]

"Tanker" <Tanker93@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:cakq5f$cot$05$1@news.t-online.com...
> That was my first idea too, but the guy who I'm writing the program for,
> thinks that is a good thing to import an excel file directly without the
> step of making an csv file. A friend told me today, that there must be a
ms
> tool for C++ (Ms Visual C++) that can sort out the relevant information
from
> the excel file. I could bind the C++ code in my ada programm and use the
> excel infos.
> If it's too difficult to do, I will convince him that it must work with
the
> cvs transformation.

There is already a tool that does it quite well. It is called Excel :)

Seriously, excel (at least older version) could be accessed via COM
libraries. You can auto create
bindings to the excel COM libraries pretty easily using GNATCOM

http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/index.html

For some things it is really easy to use the COM interface. For others...not
so easy.

Not sure where excel falls.