From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: Ariane5 FAQ, 3rd draft
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:53:16 -0400
Date: 2003-07-26T11:53:16-04:00	[thread overview]

"Alexander Kopilovitch" <aek@vib.usr.pu.ru> wrote in message news:e2e5731a.0307260702.46227d7e@posting.google.com...
> Wojtek Narczynski wrote:
>
> > > A. There are several points which are different
> > > for Ariane 5 vs. Ariane 4, (...)
>
> >IMHO, this is *the* answer. And thanks for posting it.
>
> Note though, that this "A" in the FAQ is essentially a copy of
> Francisco Malpartida's posting (from 21 Jul 2003,
> with very slight editorial changes.
>
> >The no.1
> >question would be "Why did it crash?". Would you consider putting it
> >as the first one? The rest just fill in the details, or - depict the
> >climate.
>
> Various people may have different views about what is most interesting
> (or most hot) question in the Ariane 5 launch failure story. Surely
> there may be various designs for this FAQ. I didn't make any design
> at all, so far the FAQ is developed by "natural way" -- every time when
> I see new info deserved to be included, or a gap to be filled, I add new
> Q-A pair, inserting it at the place that seems suitable at that moment.
> I don't think that I'm going to make any particular design for the FAQ,
> mainly because I have no grounds for that. But this does not prevent any
> people to propose their own (full) designs, and even to take over with
> whole this burden -:) .

I think the suggestion is a good one, myself. This FAQ is likely to
grow, as this thread repeats itself (and frequently).  Most people read
as far as they need to get to the answer they need (or disagree with).

State the conclusion up front. If people agree and don't care about the
details, then they don't need to read further. If they violently disagree,
or not yet sure, or just want to know more, then they know up front
that they need to read more.

I don't think it is much a burden to move the section to the start
is it? Perhaps in the next editorial round? ;-)

--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3wwg