From: Warren <ve3wwg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Autoconf & gnat Help Needed
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:25:53 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2010-04-26T15:25:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Vadim Godunko expounded in news:ddd15bde-3294-416e-916c-
64c6c686b31f@b33g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

> By the way, configure equivalent, written in Ada, included in
> Matreshka, it is still relatively simple, but good enough to detect
> several important properties of target system like size of the
> address, endianess, support of atomic operations by architecture and
> support for MMX/SSE by Ada compiler.

But I need more than that. There are platform issues with NaN, infinity
constants and their handling. Also many differences in curses.

Solaris adds grief for C types of attributes and the lack of/difference
in certain attribute functions. I also need to know whether you can
customize the colour palette in a given implementation of curses (and
pdcurses). Include files vary by platform for some of the C routines,
which will be called by the Ada code. Whether or not I have alloca()
support is another important configuration item.

Add to that release to release changes in 3rd party support like libgsl,
libgmp and PostgreSQL and you'll find a strong need for extensive
configuration control. So autocrap does control all that for me, along
with a few hand-crafted platform tests where it falls short.

Warren