From: "Peter C. Chapin" <pcc482719@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Gtk warnings
Date: 27 Sep 2009 19:14:25 GMT
Date: 2009-09-27T19:14:25+00:00	[thread overview]

Srini - <rasikasrinivasan@gmail.com> wrote in
news:d79213cb-d527-4441-99c9-7b4316b97cec@g23g2000vbr.googlegroups.com:

>> sans = sans
>> sans += "tahoma bitstream cyberbit"
>> helvetica = "tahoma"
>> times="times new roman"

There should be spaces around the '=' in in the line

times="times new roman"

It surprises me that

a) This should be necessary.
b) Given that it is necessary AdaCore hasn't fixed it.

I suppose the issue with (b) is that the warning only shows up on the
console so if you only ever launch programs from the GUI you might never
notice it. I had this problem with GNAT GPL 2008 and added the spaces as a
wild guess. After doing that the warning went away.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person in the world who has observed this
odd behavior.

Peter