From: "Peter C. Chapin" <pcc482719@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GPS and GNATbench problem...
Date: 16 Mar 2009 02:21:50 GMT
Date: 2009-03-16T02:21:50+00:00	[thread overview]

Christian Gottschalk <sirius27@gmx.net> wrote in news:gpjbkq$lbi$1
@online.de:

> In unrelated news, the Ada.NET setup refuses to install, claiming I
> don't have the SDK installed. It's lying.

I had this issue as well because, in my case at least, I installed the SDK
as part of the Visual Studio 2008 installation. Apparently the SDK is
installed slightly differently than with the older Visual Studio 2005
(which is the version GNAT for .NET officially supports). I understand the
issue is probably related to the SDK version and not the VS version, but in
any case there was a version problem.

The workaround was to manually edit some registry key to contain the
information the installer is looking for (basically a path). The problem is
that the key dosn't exist with the new SDK so you have to create it. Now
you are probably wondering just which register key is involved. Alas, I
don't recall and I can't find it right now. I realize that isn't too
helpful. Perhaps someone else here can jump in with the necessary
details... :-)

Peter