* Curses binding?
@ 2007-06-08 11:32 Peter C. Chapin
From: Peter C. Chapin @ 2007-06-08 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for a way to call the curses terminal handling library from
Ada, for example on Linux. A Google search turned up the *documentation*
for such a binding, but the actual code itself eludes me. The documentation
I found was also dated 2000 so that project looks unmaintained (well
maybe... of course I didn't necessarily find the latest version).

Something that also works on Windows would be ideal.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Peter

* Re: Curses binding?
@ 2007-06-08 12:21 ` Dirk Heinrichs
From: Dirk Heinrichs @ 2007-06-08 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter C. Chapin wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to call the curses terminal handling library from
> Ada, for example on Linux. A Google search turned up the *documentation*
> for such a binding, but the actual code itself eludes me. The
> documentation I found was also dated 2000 so that project looks
> unmaintained (well maybe... of course I didn't necessarily find the latest
> version).

AFAIK ncurses comes with Ada bindings.

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111

* Re: Curses binding?
@ 2007-06-08 13:02   ` Thomas Dickey
From: Thomas Dickey @ 2007-06-08 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs.ext@nsn.com> wrote:
> Peter C. Chapin wrote:

>> I'm looking for a way to call the curses terminal handling library from
>> Ada, for example on Linux. A Google search turned up the *documentation*
>> for such a binding, but the actual code itself eludes me. The
>> documentation I found was also dated 2000 so that project looks
>> unmaintained (well maybe... of course I didn't necessarily find the latest
>> version).

> AFAIK ncurses comes with Ada bindings.

The current version of ncurses is 5.6 (20061217)
There's an faq at
	http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

(I've seen some other binding which doesn't use curses that does
appear to be unmaintained - lacking a URL from OP, let's assume that one).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

* Re: Curses binding?
@ 2007-06-08 17:29     ` Peter C. Chapin
From: Peter C. Chapin @ 2007-06-08 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Dickey <dickey@saltmine.radix.net> wrote in

>> AFAIK ncurses comes with Ada bindings.
>
> The current version of ncurses is 5.6 (20061217)
> There's an faq at
>      http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.

Peter