* a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-19 10:03 bubble
From: bubble @ 2004-10-19 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

a lot of days,I try many IDEs for Ada95.
now I found a editor is good choice for new bie.
Visual Slick Edit

the latest version is 9.x .

can support Ada auto-complete(they call it Tag support...).
It is a good and seem work better than AdaGIde.

It leaks some futures. I want to have.
such as project manager support Gnat...,debuger,and lower price :(
I compiler it by gnatmake. :>
maybe we can email them to improve slickedit.

if you are search a good editor.
I think it is a good choice to make you happy in coding.

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-19 18:35 ` Bernd Specht
From: Bernd Specht @ 2004-10-19 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

bubble@riskm.com.tw (bubble) wrote in

> It is a good and seem work better than AdaGIde.

Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly means "better"?

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-20  3:49   ` bubble
From: bubble @ 2004-10-20  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > It is a good and seem work better than AdaGIde.
> >

> Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly means "better"?

auto complete function
http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_autocomplete.jpg
full screen mode
http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_full_mode.jpg
cross reference
http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_hyper_cross_link.jpg

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-20  7:58     ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2004-10-20  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

bubble wrote:
>>>It is a good and seem work better than AdaGIde.
>>>

>>Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly means "better"?
>

> auto complete function
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_autocomplete.jpg
> full screen mode
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_full_mode.jpg
> cross reference
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_hyper_cross_link.jpg

Nice facilities. And now, the million euro question... does it support
Vi/Emacs keyboard modes ;) ?

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-20  9:18       ` bubble
From: bubble @ 2004-10-20  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Nice facilities. And now, the million euro question... does it support
> Vi/Emacs keyboard modes ;) ?
are you mean emulation?
http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/emulation.jpg

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-20 13:15         ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2004-10-20 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

bubble wrote:
>>Nice facilities. And now, the million euro question... does it support
>>Vi/Emacs keyboard modes ;) ?
>
> are you mean emulation?
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/emulation.jpg

Too good to be true... I'm going to need to try it :P

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-20 16:51     ` Bernd Specht
From: Bernd Specht @ 2004-10-20 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"bubble" <bubble@bubble.d2g.com> wrote in news:cl4nq0$m5g$1
@netnews.hinet.net:

>> > It is a good and seem work better than AdaGIde.
>> >

>> Can you be a bit more specific? What exactly means "better"?
>
> auto complete function
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_autocomplete.jpg
> full screen mode
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_full_mode.jpg
> cross reference
> http://www.riskm.com.tw/bubble/slickedit_hyper_cross_link.jpg

What "autocomplete" does is not clear to me from that picture.

The other things, did you send a suggestion to Martin (or Gautier or
Alfred)?

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-22  4:20       ` bubble
From: bubble @ 2004-10-22  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What "autocomplete" does is not clear to me from that picture.

auto code complete can be automatically invoked , popg up available
variables,functions,procedures,packages...  in a list.
It can help me to do my work faster.

> The other things, did you send a suggestion to Martin (or Gautier or
> Alfred)?
no

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-22 17:33 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2004-10-22 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Take a look at the latest gps 2.1.0w snapshot for Linux at
http://libre.act-europe.fr/gps/gps-snapshot-x86-linux.tgz. I am sure
you will be amazed how good it is. Do not take my word for it. Discover
yourself.

AV.

@ 2004-10-22 19:16 ` stephane richard
From: stephane richard @ 2004-10-22 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Anh Vo" <Anh.Vo@udlp.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at the latest gps 2.1.0w snapshot for Linux at
> http://libre.act-europe.fr/gps/gps-snapshot-x86-linux.tgz. I am sure
> you will be amazed how good it is. Do not take my word for it. Discover
> yourself.
>
> AV.

Any chance there's a windows binary of this version? :-).

Stephane Richard
"Ada World" webmaster
http://www.adaworld.com

* Re: a good IDE for Ada
@ 2004-10-22 20:05 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2004-10-22 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I do not believe there is. However, it can be built from CVS source. In
addition, GtkAda will be needed. One thing I am not sure if GtkAda-2.2.0
is recent enough for this purpose.

AV