From: Bernd.Specht@gmx.com (Bernd Specht)
Subject: Re: set programm icon
Date: 15 Jun 2004 19:34:34 GMT
Date: 2004-06-15T21:34:34+02:00	[thread overview]

"Tanker" <Tanker93@hotmail.com> wrote in
news:can7h9$ahd$04$1@news.t-online.com:

> Thanx Jano, it almost worked perfectly! But the programicon in the
> upper left corner of the programwindow is still the standardicon and
> not my programicon (shown in the explorer!)
> Maby someone can tell my the parameter for the gnat compiler?
>
> Thanx a lot !!!

Hi,

it works for me since GNAT 3.12p. I don't use RCL, I use RC and CVTRES which
comes (for example) with Aonix (the special edition included in Barnes
book).

Here is what I do:

In the resource-file:

#include "resourceid.h"

// Icon

AM_ICON  ICON  DISCARDABLE  "GENERIC.ICO"

In the ada-source:

 wndclass.hIcon  := LoadIcon (hInstance,
                              LPCSTRofIntResource(ResourceID.AM_ICON));

You do not need the linker_options. When you work with an actual version of
AdaGide, then you can include your resource-file in the build process:

"Tools" -> ""Resource Options" -> "Resource file"

Enter here the name of your resource-file.

You can choose different resource compilers here:

"Tools" -> ""Resource Options" -> "Resource compiler"