From: Marc Pelletier <marc@goldak.stopspam.ca>
Subject: Realtime and ADA - stupid newby question
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:05:13 -0000
Date: 2003-10-24T20:05:13+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello all,

I am planning a realtime application for data acquisition on a pc104
platform and investigating my OS options. I'm normally a delphi programmer,
and rather than the pain of boning up on my very poor C/C++ skills, I would
like to learn ADA for this project. Can someone please point me to some
links which outline the pros and cons of the various OS's. I'm sure there
are numerous I haven't heard of yet.

Of particular interest is availability of device drivers for the various
OS's.  We need a/d converters, serial cards, gps cards... the usual stuff.

Also any background info I should read before starting in on ADA would be
great.

thanks

Marc Pelletier
Goldak Exploration