* Udp server instructions with adasocket?
@ 2002-10-23 10:56 Sim Con
From: Sim Con @ 2002-10-23 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello! I am using adasocket package for my socket application, but i
have a problem. I can establish a connection with another computer on
the net, but i can't receive the answers from this one, the code i use
for the server mode is:

   Socket(Socketreceive,Af_Inet,Sock_dgram);
   Bind(Socketreceive,Portserver);

and for reading

Get(Socketreceive)

but nothing happens (i don't receive anything). Ayn help? tahnx in
advance;)

* Re: Udp server instructions with adasocket?
@ 2002-10-23 12:30 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2002-10-23 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

You should ask on AdaSockets mailing-list, URL is:

    http://www.rfc1149.net/devel/adasockets

Do not forget to mention what version of AdaSockets you are using as
well of the platform.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam

* Re: Udp server instructions with adasocket?
@ 2002-10-24 15:07 ` Bernd Specht
From: Bernd Specht @ 2002-10-24 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Sim Con" <sicon@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hello! I am using adasocket package for my socket application, but i
> have a problem. I can establish a connection with another computer on
> the net, but i can't receive the answers from this one, the code i use
> for the server mode is:
>
>    Socket(Socketreceive,Af_Inet,Sock_dgram);
>    Bind(Socketreceive,Portserver);
>
> and for reading
>
> Get(Socketreceive)
>
> but nothing happens (i don't receive anything). Ayn help? tahnx in
> advance;)

Hi,

first - for UDP you have not to establish a connection ("connect
(xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa")"), this is only neccessary for TCP.

Second, does the other computer sen to the correct port? If you bind e.g. to
port 99 then the send must address port 99 on the target computer.

If the above does not help you, maybe you can find something helpful in some
other  socket-packages (I personally use (windows only):
 http://alfred.hilscher.bei.t-online.de/sophi.zip).