* WIndex Vs Gnat 3.14p
@ 2002-02-12 21:52 Necros
From: Necros @ 2002-02-12 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the problem,and How slove it ???

compile with Gnat ver 3.14 obtain this error with some much:

windex-graphics_devices.adb:489:32: no selector "Handle" for type

thanks,

* Re: WIndex Vs Gnat 3.14p
@ 2002-02-13 16:52 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-02-13 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Necros <kk@kk.com> writes:

> What is the problem,and How slove it ???
>
> compile with Gnat ver 3.14 obtain this error with some much:
>
> windex-graphics_devices.adb:489:32: no selector "Handle" for type

The problem is gnat 3.14p follows the reference manual more closely
than 3.13p did :). If I recall correctly, this one is fixed by doing a
type conversion to Windows.Handle_Type, but I don't have the code here
at work. Email me at home (stephen_leake@acm.org), to remind me to
check up on this.

I'll be releasing a new version of Windex soon, that compiles cleanly
with 3.14p. However, be aware that this will probably be my last
release of Windex; I'll be switching to GtkAda for my GUI needs.

Thanks for the feedback; I didn't realize anyone was still using
Windex!

I guess I should put more bugs in, so I get more bug reports :).

--
-- Stephe