* Microsoft is turning VB in to C++
@ 2000-02-16  0:00 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Microsoft is turning VB in to C++
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/language.asp

* Re: Microsoft is turning VB in to C++
@ 2000-02-17  0:00 ` Jim Rogers
From: Jim Rogers @ 2000-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <XhAq4.1061$4W1.104889@news4.usenetserver.com>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Microsoft is turning VB in to C++
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/nextgen/language.asp

The documented OOP extensions of Visual Basic certainly look a lot like
C++. The place the really fall on their faces is their view of
concurrency. They define "Free Threads". "Free Threads" appear to
be little concurrent chunks that must execute completely
asynchronously from the rest of the code. There does not seem to be
any equivalent to a Rendezvous, or even mutually exclusive access to
shared memory.

--
Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA