From: Trogdor <bgates@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Global scope for instantiated generic package? - Solved!
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 20:31:19 -0500
Date: 2010-09-05T20:31:19-05:00	[thread overview]

Thanks to all who read and responded.  I think I figured it out.

1) My first problem was getting the correct name of the package.
All of my texts (which turned out to be for Ada 83) used
"Integer_IO" as the generic package in their examples.  Under GNAT
the package is Ada.Text_IO.Integer_IO.  Your examples got me
thinking on those lines and I examined the package specs to get the
correct name.  I have also ordered newer Ada 95 books :-).

2) There was an issue with nesting packages.  I was able to
instantiate BigInt within my existing package and then refference it
with BigInt.put, etc.  It may also be possible to make it directly
visable by creating a packge spec which instantiates the generic,
but does not use a "package name is".  Gnat appears to have done
that.  But I am satisfied with the first method.

3) I am now going through all of GNAT's package specs to see what
treasures might be hidden there.  If nothing else, that should get
me good Ada Karma. :-)

Thanks again to all.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Final