From: "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: Ada, open source software and Linux
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:21:59 -0500
Date: 2005-04-11T18:21:59-05:00	[thread overview]

"Matthew Heaney" <matthewjheaney@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:uhdiflm9j.fsf@earthlink.net...
> gregg <greggNOSPAMarbage@NOSPAMfree.WANTEDfr> writes:
>
> > > Ada 2005 (which will be finalized sometime this summer)
> >
> > Where did you get that news?
>
> I think that's the target date to freeze the RM, but my knowledge is
> limited to having attended a few ARG meetings last year.
>
> Randy B. can give you more specific info about language standardization
> milestones.

I *could*, but I'm awfully busy preparing to meet them (especially with an
ARG meeting in less than a week), and the details are gory and drawn out.
The plan is to finish modifying the standard and start the approval process
this summer. That process has lots of steps! So it's too early to have firm
dates. But the documents are starting to stablize.

                        Randy.