* Re: Ada & RTLinux
@ 2000-10-23  0:00 ` isaac buchwald
From: isaac buchwald @ 2000-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 i have done this  few years  ago , as  i remember you have to mimic C
 the only trouble was with the  registrations string  or somthing like that,
 it  worked  .
   I have seen  the same thing  in    Ada Letter-s   a  year  later ,  so it
would  be the best  to search  .

"Marc Enzmann" <Marc.Enzmann@E-Technik.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I need to interface a standard PC with some sensors and actuators via
> ADC and
> DAC units. As the timing requirements are quite harsh, I have to take a
> real-time OS into consideration.
> Two possible candidates are RTLinux and QNX. However as far as I know,
> there is
> no Ada Compiler available on QNX. Therefore my question: has anybody
> written
> Ada programs for RTL ? Is there any information about this on the web ?
>
> TIA,
>
> Marc

* Re: Ada & RTLinux
@ 2000-10-23  0:00   ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2000-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have a look at

[1] H. Shen and T. P. Baker, �A Linux Kernel Module Implementation of
Restricted Ada Tasking,� Ada Letters, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 96-103,
1999.

[2] H. Shen, A. Charlet, and T. P. Baker, �A "Bare Machine"
Implementation of Ada Multi-tasking beneath the Linux Kernel� in
Reliable Software Technologies -- Ada-Europe'99, vol. 1622, Lecture
Notes in Computer Science, M. G. Harbour and J. A. d. l. Puente, Eds.,
Santander, Spain: Springer-Verlag, 1999, pp. 287-297.

"isaac buchwald" <isaac.buchwald@velenje.cx> wrote in message
> i have done this  few years  ago , as  i remember you have to mimic
>  the only trouble was with the  registrations string  or somthing
like that,
>  it  worked  .
>    I have seen  the same thing  in    Ada Letter-s   a  year  later
,  so it
> would  be the best  to search  .
>

> "Marc Enzmann" <Marc.Enzmann@E-Technik.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote in
message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I need to interface a standard PC with some sensors and actuators
via
> > ADC and
> > DAC units. As the timing requirements are quite harsh, I have to
take a
> > real-time OS into consideration.
> > Two possible candidates are RTLinux and QNX. However as far as I
know,
> > there is
> > no Ada Compiler available on QNX. Therefore my question: has
anybody
> > written
> > Ada programs for RTL ? Is there any information about this on the
web ?

> > TIA,
> >
> > Marc

* Ada & RTLinux