* How to decipher windsh output on page faults?
@ 2001-06-06 16:27 Petter Fryklund
From: Petter Fryklund @ 2001-06-06 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a lot of information written to a windsh upon a page fault, ie
Program Counter, Status Register, Error Code and something that looks like
Stack Info. The Stack Info consists of reference to different packages in
the progamme ie
..lin.C.3A.5Cusr.5CPetter.5Cadawork.5CVxWorks.5CFS.5CTimingBuild.5Ctiming.4.
22 (790194, &--dope33..C.3A.........)

This is obviously the whole path to the source of a package followed by,
possibly or probably, some kind of reference to subprogram (4.22).

Any advice?

* Re: How to decipher windsh output on page faults?
@ 2001-06-06 23:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-06-06 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <9flkne$skm$1@newstoo.ericsson.se>, Petter Fryklund says...

>There is a lot of information written to a windsh upon a page fault, ie
>Program Counter, Status Register, Error Code and something that looks like
>Stack Info. The Stack Info consists of reference to different packages in
>the progamme ie
>..lin.C.3A.5Cusr.5CPetter.5Cadawork.5CVxWorks.5CFS.5CTimingBuild.5Ctiming.4.
>22 (790194, &--dope33..C.3A.........)
>
>This is obviously the whole path to the source of a package followed by,
>possibly or probably, some kind of reference to subprogram (4.22).

I asked GreenHills the same question, and was told about what you already
guessed. Its the name of the package and possibly routine. Unfortunately they
(according to the engineer I talked to) do not include enough information in
that symbol name to tell you what line it is.

The best way to figure it out is to run your program with the GreenHills
debugger attached. Then you can ask to "go to" that address, and it should show
you the surrounding source.

---