From: "Steve" <nospam_steved94@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: simulate mouse click - windows
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:51:39 -0800
Date: 2005-12-22T18:51:39-08:00	[thread overview]

"Gutek" <gut@op.pl> wrote in message
news:1135302476.367605.172030@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I'm writing program for windows, which is going to communicate by RS232
> with
> my home-made device (functionally it is something like a mouse).
> I'm using GNAT.
> My program is listening the data coming from device, and according to
> them
> it has to:
> 1) Change cursor position
> 2) Simulate mouse clicks (left and right button)
>
> I have solved the problem with changing cursor position - using
> "GWindows"
> from: http://www.gnavi.org (Set_Cursor_Position, Get_Cursor_Position
> procedures).
>

> But,
> How could I simulate clicks?

Do you just want to use this device with your program?  Or do you want it to
act as the mouse for windows?

If the you want the device to appear as a mouse to window, you'll need to
look into writing device drivers.

You may be able to find source code for existing mouse drivers on the net to
get an idea of how its done.

I hope this helps.

Steve
(The Duck)