* ACT/GNAT location (they should be ok)
@ 2001-09-11 17:42 Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2001-09-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been to Ada Core Technologies in New York (the GNAT folks).  It's
several miles north of the World Trade Center.  It's within short
walking distance of my sister-in-law's apartment, and I know she's ok.
The folks at ACT should be ok, though of course lower Manhattan is
pretty messy.

This newsgroup probably isn't the place for general discussion of
today's events, but I thought people would like to know.

--
Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>

* Re: ACT/GNAT location (they should be ok)
@ 2001-09-11 18:29 ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2001-09-11 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Everyone at ACT is ok, as far as we know (and I think the accounting is
complete).

- Ed

Keith Thompson wrote:

> I've been to Ada Core Technologies in New York (the GNAT folks).  It's
> several miles north of the World Trade Center.  It's within short
> walking distance of my sister-in-law's apartment, and I know she's ok.
> The folks at ACT should be ok, though of course lower Manhattan is
> pretty messy.
>
> This newsgroup probably isn't the place for general discussion of
> today's events, but I thought people would like to know.
>
> --
> Keith Thompson (The_Other_Keith) kst@cts.com  <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>
> San Diego Supercomputer Center           <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>
> Cxiuj via bazo apartenas ni.

* Re: [OT] ACT/GNAT location (they should be ok)
@ 2001-09-12 20:03 ` Mark Johnson
From: Mark Johnson @ 2001-09-12 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Keith Thompson wrote:

> I've been to Ada Core Technologies in New York (the GNAT folks).  It's
> several miles north of the World Trade Center.  It's within short
> walking distance of my sister-in-law's apartment, and I know she's ok.
> The folks at ACT should be ok, though of course lower Manhattan is
> pretty messy.
>
> This newsgroup probably isn't the place for general discussion of
> today's events, but I thought people would like to know.

We recently received the following message from one of the Ada Core
developers in France. A couple side notes, apparently Robert Dewar is in
Europe at this time - perhaps wondering how & when he'll be getting home. We
also have one of their Boston staff in our Houston TX facility this week -
if he can't fly on Friday, he may have to drive home [as another vendor we
had here did today].

--Mark
---------------------------

Dear customers,

You may have noticed today an unusual lack of responsiveness to all
mails sent to gnat.com addresses (most notably report@gnat.com and
sales@gnat.com). It is related to gnat.com being hosted by our New
York City office. Our network connexion has been lost as an aftermath
of the tragedy that happened yesterday.

I am very relieved to let you know that all our NYC staff is safe and
accounted for. The Ada Core Technologies headquarters were not
affected.

The latest news from our internet providers let us hope that our
connexion will be back very soon. If it is not the case, a new
procedure for our internet support services will be put in place in
the coming days.

We apoligize for the inconvenience,

The ACT team

* Re: [OT] ACT/GNAT location (they should be ok)
@ 2001-09-13 17:27   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-09-13 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3B9FBF81.7B6DC707@raytheon.com>, Mark Johnson says...
>also have one of their Boston staff in our Houston TX facility this week -
>if he can't fly on Friday, he may have to drive home [as another vendor we
>had here did today].

Supposedly airports are starting to open up, but initially just for rerouted
flights and cargo traffic. I'm told it will take a while just to get passenger
planes where they are supposed to be so that normal routes may resume. It was
really unsettling riding to work this morning under a perfectly blue sky, with
not a plane or comtrail anywhere.

Please tell them that if their travel plans have them going through Tulsa, my
home is at their disposal. I can be contacted at this email address.

---
(posting via dialup. Our corporate internet access point was in Manhattan...)