From: Tim Rowe <spamtrap@tgrowe.plus.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie Question: Integer_IO an Data_error
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:18:49 +0000
Date: 2009-03-26T22:18:49+00:00	[thread overview]

Zachary Kline wrote:
> The problem comes with Data_errors: if I try to
> handle that case the same way, we get a seemingly infinite loop.

I'm an Ada newbie too, but the first thing I wonder is what Get does
with the input characters if they don't match the expected type. I
wonder whether it leaves them on the input stream -- in which case
subsequent attempts to read the input will try to read the same
characters each time. Until somebody who knows what they're talking
about comes along (won't be long) I'd try doing a string Get after a
failed numeric get, to see what's still in the input stream.