From: Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: getpid(), atoi(), time functions in Ada 95
Date: 6 Sep 2000 07:40:23 -0500
Date: 2000-09-06T07:40:23-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <8p4mqi$capp9$1@ID-25716.news.cis.dfn.de>, "Nick Roberts" <nickroberts@callnetuk.com> writes:
> With respect, do questions like this need, perhaps, to carry one of the
> following riders?
>
> - I am not a student.
>
> - I am a student, but this is not part of my coursework.
>
> - I am a student, and this is part of my coursework, but I have exhausted
> every other avenue of research within my educational facility.

I think, rather, "I have looked in the second edition of Ada for Lefties
by Author Name, in particular at chapter 25 where I would expect to find
the answer to the following question."

That gives the opportunity for feedback to the student regarding why
the choice of chapter was wrong, or the choice of book was wrong, or
even feedback to the author regarding reader expectations.