* Ada-Tcl
@ 1996-06-19  0:00 Alo�a Mugica Olano
From: Alo�a Mugica Olano @ 1996-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We are trying to install a connection package between Ada and Tcl/Tk.
(The connection with Tcl also it makes with other languages such as Prolog, C++,
etc).

	Tcl/Tk is an interpreted language that permits the easy construction of
graphical interfaces. The advantage with Tcl/Tk is that it is easy to install
other applications and extend them fairly easily.

	We are trying to install the Ada-Tcl pakage devised by Dennis Heimbigner.
According to the documentation it is ready for use for "SunAda" and "Gnat".

	We would be grateful, if you know of anyone else who has installed or managed
to this package.

	Thanks!

* Re: Ada-Tcl
@ 1996-06-19  0:00 ` John Woodruff
From: John Woodruff @ 1996-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > We are trying to install a connection package between Ada and
    > Tcl/Tk.  (The connection with Tcl also it makes with other
    > languages such as Prolog, C++, etc).

    > 	Tcl/Tk is an interpreted language that permits the easy
    > construction of graphical interfaces. The advantage with Tcl/Tk is
    > that it is easy to install other applications and extend them
    > fairly easily.

    > 	We are trying to install the Ada-Tcl pakage devised by Dennis
    > Heimbigner.  According to the documentation it is ready for use
    > for "SunAda" and "Gnat".

    > 	We would be grateful, if you know of anyone else who has
    > installed or managed to this package.

    > 	Thanks!

My co-worker Brett Kettering has done a considerable amount of work to
extend the Heimbigner binding to Tcl.  An earlier attempt to send this
product to "jibmuola@SI.EHU.ES", got a host unknown.

If Olano is able to respond to this message, giving me a proper address
I will try to mail Brett's description of his work (about 3600 lines).

--
John Woodruff	                                          N I F   \ ^ /
Lawrence Livermore National Lab                         =====---- < 0 >