From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: Win32 joystick problems
Date: 1999/08/16
Date: 1999-08-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Josh Highley <joshhighley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7p82ua$p8r$1@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net...
> I've been trying to read the position of the joystick using the Win32
> bindings included with Gnat 3.11 and AdaGIDE 6.21.  I'm running this under
> Win 95.  Since I haven't done any Win32 programming, I created a quick and
> simple test program.  However, I can't get it to link.  It compiles okay,
> but when I build it, gnatlink returns:
>
> gnatlink -g joytest.ali
> ./joytest.o: In function 'ada_joytest':
> C:/GNAT311/Programs/c:/gnat311/programs/joytest.adb:23: undefined
reference
> to 'joyGetPos@8'
> gnatmake:  *** link failed.

You need to link with libwinmm.a

There are two ways to do this.  My preferred way is to add the following
pragma, just after the "procedure joytest is" line:
   pragma Linker_Options ("-lwinmm");

The other way is to add -largs -lwinmm  to the gnatmake options
in the GNAT Options in Current Directory menu choice in AdaGIDE.