* United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-17  7:06 SurveyUser
From: SurveyUser @ 2003-10-17  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

We are asking a few questions on the publics confidence in US President
Bush.  Please take a couple minutes to take our poll by using the link
below.

http://www.ZipSurvey.com/user.asp?suid=1143

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-17 13:50 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2003-10-17 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Unless one of the questions deals with President Bush's programming
practices, this is off-topic.

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-18  6:48   ` Russ
From: Russ @ 2003-10-18  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Frank J. Lhota" <NOSPAM.lhota.adarose@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<VsSjb.9$PZ1.7@nwrdny03.gnilink.net>...

> Unless one of the questions deals with President Bush's programming
> practices, this is off-topic.

George W. loves Ada, but he thinks it should definitely have augmented
assignment operators. Rummy concurs.

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-19  8:28     ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-10-19  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

18k11tm001@sneakemail.com (Russ) writes:

> George W. loves Ada, but he thinks it should definitely have augmented
> assignment operators. Rummy concurs.

I meet him yesterday and if it is true that he likes to have the augmented
assignment operators into Ada its first action will be to have a law voted to
force everybody in the US to program in Ada as this will lead to great
performance increase for the US nation. He said that this is currently a
proposal, Bill Gates is going to find the best way to migrate the whole
compagny to Ada. Next awaited Windows version (named Longhorn) will be
programmed 100% in Ada. See http://www.dreams-come-true.gov/ada-rocks for
the whole interview.

As you see Ada is far from being dead!

Have a nice week-end,
Pascal.

--|

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-19 15:05       ` Robert C. Leif
From: Robert C. Leif @ 2003-10-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

My browser tried http://www.dreams-come-true.gov/ada-rocks and could
NOT find the URL.

Firstly the lack of use of Ada by many of the US defense contractors
will eventually be of great benefit for exporters of weapons by
manufactured by other nations, who use Ada. The American automobile
industry is a prime example of this.

Given the nature of American Universities, the best way to increase
Ada usage would be for the US Government to declare Ada to be a secret
technology and to forbid its teaching. The next year, it would be a
matter of honor to teach it at our universities.

Bob Leif

@ 2003-10-24  1:05         ` sk
From: sk @ 2003-10-24  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

"Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com>:
 > My browser tried http://www.dreams-come-true.gov/ada-rocks
 > and could NOT find the URL.

I tried the same thing with the same result, and it took me 10
minutes to see the joke :-)

-- Merge vertically for real address
--
--     s n p @ t . o
--      k i e k c c m

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-24 16:21           ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-10-24 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

sk <noname@myob.com> writes:

> "Robert C. Leif" <rleif@rleif.com>:
>  > My browser tried http://www.dreams-come-true.gov/ada-rocks
>  > and could NOT find the URL.
>
> I tried the same thing with the same result, and it took me 10
> minutes to see the joke :-)

Are you saying that you took my message as serious ? Be sure to reread it...

Just to be clear, it was a joke I did not meet with the US president nor
next Windows version Longhorn will be programmed in Ada !

Pascal.

--|

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-25  0:12             ` sk
From: sk @ 2003-10-25  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
 > Are you saying that you took my message as serious ?

Yep. I clicked the link and while I was waiting, went to
read another cla message. My browser popped up a message
which I *assumed* was a time out and I thought "the site
must be busy, I'll try again in a minute". 10 minutes
later, and several clicks on your link, I actually read
the browser message box which made me fully read your
post with all my attention.

Until then I had missed the joke.

I hope the fact that I need a jug of coffer in me before
my brain starts working is enough mitigating circumstance
to prevent me being regarded as a total idiot :-)

@ 2003-10-25 14:24               ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-10-25 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

sk wrote:
> Pascal Obry <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
>  > Are you saying that you took my message as serious ?

> Until then I had missed the joke.

I must have used the wrong link, because what I got
WAS a true 404 page.

--
Wes Groleau
    "Would the prodigal have gone home if

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-26  1:16                 ` sk
From: sk @ 2003-10-26  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

groleau@freeshell.org:
 > I must have used the wrong link, because what I
 > got WAS a true 404 page.

Are you joking aswell ?

I cannot see how a 404 could happen since I get a
popup box with "www.dreams-come-true.gov" could not
be found.

I have had my required coffee dose so if you are
winding me up, I guess you are showing that I am
a total idiot after all :-)

@ 2003-10-26  4:19                   ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-10-26  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

sk wrote:
> groleau@freeshell.org:
>  > I must have used the wrong link, because what I
>  > got WAS a true 404 page.
>
> Are you joking aswell ?
>
> I cannot see how a 404 could happen since I get a
> popup box with "www.dreams-come-true.gov" could not
> be found.

Well, that's what I get now.  Like I said, maybe
I clicked the wrong link.  Either way, I don't
get it.

--
Wes Groleau

  Guidelines for judging others:

  1. Don't attribute to malice that which
     can be adequately explained by stupidity.

  2. Don't attribute to stupidity that which
     can be adequately explained by ignorance.

  3. Don't attribute to ignorance that which
     can be adequately explained by misunderstanding.

* Re: United States President Confidence Poll
@ 2003-10-26 15:06                     ` sk
From: sk @ 2003-10-26 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

groleau@freeshell.org:
 > Well, that's what I get now. ...

That is a relief, I though I was falling hook line
and sinker for another one.

It seems that you only show the "Guidelines" footer
if there is "tension" in the thread. Be assured that
I was not assuming any malice, only an extension of
the "fun" of the original.

@ 2003-10-26 18:02                       ` Wes Groleau
From: Wes Groleau @ 2003-10-26 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

sk wrote:
> It seems that you only show the "Guidelines" footer
> if there is "tension" in the thread. Be assured that

Actually, it is supposed to be completely random.
I have a directory full of .sig files, and a script
runs every four minutes to switch the one that goes
on posts.

When there appears to be relevance, it's either
coincidence or divine intervention.  :-)

--
Wes Groleau
Can we afford to be relevant?