From: "Frank J. Lhota" <NOSPAM.lhota@adarose.com>
Subject: Re: Memory management clarification
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:57:09 GMT
Date: 2005-07-26T13:57:09+00:00	[thread overview]

Maciej Sobczak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to learn a bit of Ada I came across a statement that memory
> allocated from the pool will be implicitly reclaimed when the acces
> variable used to reference it goes out of scope.

No, that is not true. What is true is that if an access type goes out of
scope, then the data allocated from the pool for that type will be
reclaimed. See ARM 13.11 (18).

Most Ada implementations do not support garbage collection, and with
such implementations, your examples would simply create a lot of garbage.