From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Generics not overloadable
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:29:25 GMT
Date: 2001-11-28T21:29:25+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <ypcN7.89512$XJ4.49083085@news1.sttln1.wa.home.com>, Mark Lundquist
says...

>I posted this earlier today, but I never saw the post show up, so maybe it
>went into the bit-bucket for some reason.  Here it is again just in case...

I for one did see it. I just don't have good answers for you. Our language
lawyers seem to be on vacation today. :-)

>Generic units cannot be overloaded.
>
>That is a bother.

All I can say is that this is a nit that's been with Ada since the '83 days. It
annoyed me too when I discovered it, but that was back in '89. By now its just
something I intuitively code around.

---

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.