From: Ron Stodden <rmstodd@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Language Implementation Survey
Date: 1996/04/02
Date: 1996-04-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <315D7800.75F5@panix.com> on Sat, 30 Mar 1996 13:05:52 -0500,
Chris Trimble <trimble@panix.com> said:>

> I have yet to meet a second person who uses Prolog daily (the first
was an AI professor a while ago).

Then meet me, and I'm not an AI professor, but do have 33 years of
professional financial, banking, commercial and industrial computing in
three countries.   And lots of others.    PDC Prolog is my computing
companion.     PDC claims on their www page to have 300,000
installations.   They privately tell me that includes most of the
Fortune 500 (who, psst! seeing its value, claim it as their most potent
secret competitive weapon).

Prolog is very much alive.

Ron.     rmstodd@ibm.net
Melbourne, Australia.