* Re: Gnat 3.09 on Win95
@ 1997-01-27  0:00 ` Craig E. Ransom
From: Craig E. Ransom @ 1997-01-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<< I have installed Gnat 3.09 on Win95 and all went well, I think. >>

Jonas:

I LOVE the implication of the qualification ending THAT sentence.

-- Craig (The Data Ferret 8:>)
Janus/Ada 83; Janus/Ada 95; JAWS & CLAW; AppletMagic
Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) Win95

* Gnat 3.09 on Win95
@ 1997-01-27  0:00 Jonas Nygren
From: Jonas Nygren @ 1997-01-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have installed Gnat 3.09 on Win95 and all went well, I think.

The installation said that it would update the autoexec.bat,
but this seems to have failed. If someone have managed to get these
settings from the installation could you please mail them to me
so that I get it right, especially with Win32 programming in mind.

Further, there were no documentation or examples in the installation.
If you know of any examples of interfacing to Win32 with 3.09 on Win95
could you please send me a pointer or a short example.

/jonas

* Re: Gnat 3.09 on Win95
@ 1997-01-29  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1997-01-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Craig said

"<< I have installed Gnat 3.09 on Win95 and all went well, I think. >>

Jonas:

I LOVE the implication of the qualification ending THAT sentence."

Probably there are a lot more sentences that should end "I think" :-)

We usually find that installation problems with GNAT are all or nothing,
either you install wrong (almost always a matter of not reading and following
all the available documentation), and almost nothing works, or the
installation is correct, and is not a problem.

Of course correct installation is certainly *not* a guarantee that there
will be no other kinds of problems.

As I mentioned before, GNAT/NT should always be installed on drive C, to
avoid problems. The brave and knowledgable can follow the directions on
messing with the registry to get GNAT to work on other drives, and indeed
a future version of GNAT will do this automatically, but for now, most
people will get into less trouble if they stick to drive C for GNAT/NT
installations

* Re: Gnat 3.09 on Win95
@ 1997-01-29  0:00 ` Lance Kibblewhite
From: Lance Kibblewhite @ 1997-01-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jonas Nygren" <ehsjony@ehs.ericsson.se> wrote:

>I have installed Gnat 3.09 on Win95 and all went well, I think.
>
>The installation said that it would update the autoexec.bat,
>but this seems to have failed. If someone have managed to get these
>settings from the installation could you please mail them to me
>so that I get it right, especially with Win32 programming in mind.
>
>Further, there were no documentation or examples in the installation.
>If you know of any examples of interfacing to Win32 with 3.09 on Win95
>could you please send me a pointer or a short example.
>
>/jonas

My installation, on NT also went well.  I Think.

Anyway, my previously empty autoexec.bat then contained the single
line:

 SET PATH=C:\USR\BIN

Which I promptly deleted and moved into the appropriate place in the
registry.

Any chance a future version of GNAT will do this last step
automatically?

-- Lance.