* Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-17  6:59 TC
From: TC @ 2005-10-17  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

How declare a dinamic string? (A string that lenght is not predefine)

and how use it?

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-17  7:19 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-10-17  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

TC wrote:
> How declare a dinamic string? (A string that lenght is not predefine)
>
> and how use it?

Check out package "Ada.Strings.Unbounded", RM  A.4.5

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-17 15:35 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2005-10-17 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

TC wrote:

> How declare a dinamic string? (A string that lenght is not predefine)
>
> and how use it?

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Strings

Martin

PS: 9 of 10 new newbee questions can be answered with an WikiBook link :-).

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-17 19:23   ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2005-10-17 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote:

> Check out package "Ada.Strings.Unbounded", RM  A.4.5

Or Ada.Strings.Bounded (ARM A.4.4), depending on your needs.

--
Jeff Carter
"I wave my private parts at your aunties."

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-18  0:30   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-10-18  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> PS: 9 of 10 new newbee questions can be answered with an WikiBook link
:-).

And the percentage seems to continue to be going up. Keep up the good work,
Martin!

                     Randy.

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-18  6:27     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2005-10-18  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
>
>>PS: 9 of 10 new newbee questions can be answered with an WikiBook link
>
> :-).
>
> And the percentage seems to continue to be going up. Keep up the good work,
> Martin!

Perhaps a comp.lang.ada FAQ with such a link is in order? Surely the
webmaster at AdaIC would be the perfect controllers of this? ;-)

Cheers

-- Martin

* Re: Dinamic String
@ 2005-10-18 21:48       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2005-10-18 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Randy Brukardt wrote:
> > "Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>PS: 9 of 10 new newbee questions can be answered with an WikiBook link
> >
> > :-).
> >
> > And the percentage seems to continue to be going up. Keep up the good
work,
> > Martin!
>
> Perhaps a comp.lang.ada FAQ with such a link is in order? Surely the
> webmaster at AdaIC would be the perfect controllers of this? ;-)

I've already made a note to add links to this wiki from appropriate places
on AdaIC. That should have been done long ago, but for some reason I didn't
think of a wiki as a web page. Anyway, I'll do it the next time I'm working
on the site.

                         Randy.