From: David Emery <demery@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Apex and Ada
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 16:09:25 -0400
Date: 2005-07-01T16:09:25-04:00	[thread overview]

This sent me to the "wayback machine", I haven't done this in about 8 years (since I left the CAATS program)...

There's an option in Apex to produce the linker command line.  What you need to do is generate the ld command line, and then you can grab all the ".o" files to produce an archive.

BUT:  You have to worry about the elaboration entry point.  You can't just link in an Ada archive into an executable, and expect everything to work correctly.  You have to make sure that the main program that you link with the archive will call the elaboration entry point before any other Ada unit is called.

    dave