From: "Mark Lundquist" <mark@rational.com>
Subject: Re: Two questions
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 20:22:12 GMT
Date: 2001-03-09T20:22:12+00:00	[thread overview]

chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:Eg9q6.4382$pR3.821782@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Hi,
>     two questions, one on exceptions and one on objects or tagged types.
>
> Where exactly can i put an exception handler?  I read in JE's book that
you
> can put them in loop ... end loop statements after an exit statement.

Huh?

> I  normally put handlers at the end of a routine, and i was supprised to
find
> you could put them elsewhere.  What i want to know is where else can i put
> them?  In a while loop?  In a for loop?  In an if?  ... etc.

From the Ada 95 syntax cross-reference:

    handled_sequence_of_statements
         accept_statement   9.5.2
         block_statement   5.6
         entry_body   9.5.2
         package_body   7.2
         subprogram_body   6.3
         task_body   9.1

Those are all the places!

> The second is to do with tagged types.  Sometimes it is suggested that you
> put your 'create routine' -- the initialisation routine -- in a nested
> package.

Yeah... I remember reading something like that somewhere too, but I don't
remember what that's all about.  Maybe somebody else does...?

Mark Lundquist
Rational Software