From: Kilgallen@eisner.decus.org.nospam (Larry Kilgallen)
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] pyAda, first public release
Date: 1 Mar 2001 10:08:42 -0500
Date: 2001-03-01T10:08:42-05:00	[thread overview]

In article <Xvsn6.7$R4.940@news.clarkson.edu>, "Brad Clements" <bkc@Murkworks.com> writes:
> I thought one of the big points of using Ada was its verifiability -- making
> it more suitable for complex, "large-scale" (i.e, expensive) projects, like
> missile defense.
>
> Plugging in a "non-verifiable" script plug-in kinda defeats this purpose..
> doesn't it?

Indeed that is "one of the big points of using Ada", but there is no
rule preventing people form using Ada for other purposes too, and many
of us do so.

While Ada has many capabilities, one does not have to use them all in
every program.  I believe that in 13 years of using Ada I have never
used floating point.