From: cis.ohio-state.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!darwin.sura.net!paladin.amer
Subject: Good Ada development tools on Sparc?
Date: 9 Oct 92 12:35:44 GMT	[thread overview]

Since I have been unable to locate a FAQ, I'd be grateful for any advice
or pointers to information about good SPARC-based Ada development tools.
(So far, I only know about the Rational Environment.)

Some points to consider (you don't have to know about them all):

- Compiler/interpreter/linker:
	Support for short edit/compile/test-cycles?
	Incremental linker?
	Editor integration?
	Performance analysis?
- Debugger:
	Source/assembly level?
	Graphical, screen-based or simple TTY interface?
- GUI-tools:
	Code library?
	Interactive GUI-designer?
	Application framework?
- Interfaces: Other languages, etc?
- Vendor: Name, phone, fax? Approximate cost?

I'm also interested in cheaper "low-end" environments, in case you have any
first-hand experience.

Thanks!

--
Ulf Lagerstedt                  "When the grammar checker identifies an error,
Communicator C3Consult           it suggests a correction and can even makes