From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Ada and multi-core CPUs
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:33:23 -0500
Date: 2005-09-09T16:33:23-05:00	[thread overview]

I finally got around to testing a sort.  I split the data array in half,
sorting one half with the main program and the other with a separate task,
then merged the two half-results.  It's substantially (about 60% as long
for 100K floats) faster than splitting, sort one half, then the other
half, then merge.  And easy to program in Ada.