From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Ada compiler/debugger/GUI development IDE for WindowsXP/Linux
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 21:49:40 GMT
Date: 2005-03-03T21:49:40+00:00	[thread overview]

A good list of stuff, but the OP also asked about a GUI builder. You can
get a GUI builder at: http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda/main.html This
is the GtkAda GUI environment that you can get for either Windows or Linux.

Also, there is the GPS Interactive Development Environment that should
be available for either Windows or Linux at:
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/gps/ I find it to be occasinally difficult
(it keeps wanting to recompile system packages and I've forgotten how to
shut that off!) but I like its view of a library full of software better
than AdaGIDE. (Although AdaGIDE is pretty spiffy if you just want
relatively small projects on a Windows platform)

MDC

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> 1. GNAT
>
> Under Fedora just install gcc-gnat package. That will give you the GNAT
> compiler:
>
> $>yum install gcc-gnat
>
> For Windows you can download it from here:
>
> http://libre.act-europe.fr
>
> A good IDE for GNAT (alas, without integrated debugger) for Windows is
> AdaGIDE:
>
> http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html
>
> You could also try GPS (the same http://libre.act-europe.fr), which is a
> platform-independent IDE for GNAT, but its publicly available version is
> very beta to be usable for debugging.
>
> 2. ObjectAda
>
> Compiler+IDE+Debugger of Aonix. Its IDE is more bearable (as compared to
> GPS). It resembles MSVC IDE, though lacks many of its features. Aonix has a
> special limited (in terms of project size) version:
>
> http://www.aonix.com/oa_win_demo.html
>
> It seems that they might have it for Linux as well, but I never tried it
> there.

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm