From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Ada graphic tools' summary
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:37:55 GMT
Date: 2003-11-12T17:37:55+00:00	[thread overview]

>Which tools|libraries should I recommend to somebody who asks for
>doing graphics with Ada?
   I always have to wonder what people mean when they ask about
"doing graphics".  Do they mean a graphic UI in the sense of Windows
or Macintosh, in which case a "graphic library" is a binding to
the Windows or Mac OS?  Do they mean Pixar type photo-realistic
rendering of complex scenes?  Or perhaps real-time dynamic displays
as for a video game or visualization of a physical process?  Or
maybe they just want a hardware-independent set of routines to
draw straight lines and ellipses?