From: "Jeff C" <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dynamic functions under Ada
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:41:51 -0500
Date: 2005-01-06T19:41:51-05:00	[thread overview]

"Marc A. Criley" <mcNOSPAM@mckae.com> wrote in message
news:344uluF470fgrU1@individual.net...
> "Jeff C" <jcreem@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> Since there is no specific license grant it is not clear that we should
> even
>> read it without our
>> eyes burning out.
>
> Relax.
>
> Just write to Eugene and get his okay to do whatever it is you want with
> this calculator.  DTraq (www.mckae.com/dtraq.html) uses some other
> software
> he wrote and he freely gave me his okay to use that.
>
> As a Russian, he may not be fully aware of the copyright paranoia that the
> DMCA, SCO, the RIAA, and that lot are trying to foist on the US.
>
> Marc A. Criley
> McKae Technologies
> www.mckae.com

Well of course I was being somewhat dramatic in my response (mostly for fun)
but really this has
little to do with the DCMA, SCO or RIAA. When someone goes to the trouble
to stick a copyright statement on their code (even though not required in
US) I would never presume
that it can be usedfor anything "real". The code is copyrighted plain and
simple. No need to look to
blame SCO, DCMA, the Patriot Act or any other political hot topic to find a
potential problem.