From: tarjeij@ulrik.uio.no (Tarjei Jensen)
Subject: Re: 'cheap Ada compilers', was Re: GNAT 3.03 for OS/2
Date: 1996/04/01
Date: 1996-04-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <dewar.828063927@schonberg> dewar@cs.nyu.edu (Robert Dewar) writes:

> In fact I find it
> disappointing that, compared to other targets, there is so little
> interest in the OS/2 version. Alsys found much the same disappointing
> reaction to their OS/2 version.

If they found it disappointing then they might have considered promoting it. I
have yet to see an Ada article in a os/2 magazine. I have yet to see any
presence of any Ada company in the os/2 news groups. Constrast this with the
shareware Speed Pascal product which was started long after GNAT was available
for OS/2.

The fact is that hardly any os/2 user knows that there is an Ada compiler
available. With the current attempts at promoting Ada in OS/2 environments it is
highly likely to stay that way.

Greetings,

--
// Tarjei T. Jensen